Scope of ICAEC 2014
The aim of this conference is to elucidate current environmental conditions and to find suitable countermeasures for preventing expansion of pollution by micro-pollutants. In order to achieve the aim, participants will give presentations, share their knowledge each other and enhance their relationship.
Topics of the conference are related as follows;
- Contaminant of inorganic and organic substances including heavy metals, persistent organic pollutants, endocrine disrupting chemicals, hydrocarbons, PAHs, VOCs, and so on in the environment from industries, mining, waste disposal and others activities.
- Pollution without boundaries
- Toxicology research related to the exposed toxic substances and human health/ Health impact assessment
- Biotechnology/Bioremediation/Novel technology or advance technology or alternative technologies for environmental remediation/protection and sustainable development
- Radiochemical pollution
- Green chemistry/green environment/green consumption/green production/3R's philosophy - reduce, reuse, recycle/Purification systems, new cleaner technologies and equipment
- Environmental education
- Regulation/Policy management
- JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency)
- UNU (United Nation University)
- IEEA (Integrated Exposures and Effect Analysis, organized SETAC-J)
IEEA Session Flyer
- JAIMA (Japan Analytical Instrument Manufacturers’ Association)
- Others: Proposal of Special session welcome also.
※Program schedule and session topics are flexible now
- Prof. Michael Denison
Department of Environmental Toxicology, University of California, Davis
"Persistent Organic Pollutants and the Ah (Dioxin) Receptor: Molecular Mechanisms of Action and Bioassay Development"
- Prof. Shinsuke Tanabe
Center for Marine Environmental Studies (CMES), Ehime University
"Contamination by Brominated Flame Retardants in the Asia-Pacific Region"
- Prof. Soichiro Seki
Director General, Global Environment Bureau, Ministry of the Environment
"Environmental Policy in Japan for Sustainable Development"
- Prof. Masatoshi Morita
President, Japan Society for Environmental Chemistry
"Environmental Radio-active Contamination caused by Nuclear Accident at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Facility"
- Dr. Monthip Tabucanon (Session chair)
Director, Climate Change Research Center, National Research Council of Thailand
- Prof. Mehran Alaee
Research Scientist, Environment Canada - Emerging Contaminants and Priority Chemicals
"Determination of Phthalates in Environmental Matrices"
- Prof. Chongrak Polprasert
Department of Civil Engineering
Faculty of Engineering, Thammasat University
"Water pollution in developing countries" session
"Innovative Sanitation Technology for Control of Water Pollution and Health Problems in Developing Countries"
20 min for oral presentation including discussions
Max 86 oral presentations
Two day pasting
Due time 1 hr
We are planning to present ICAEC Outstanding Student Research Award to graduate students in Master's program or Doctor's program (except adult graduate students).
The details will be announced soon.